Republic City: Threads of Fate

Hello and welcome to Republic City: Thread of Fate! We hope you enjoy your time here and hope that you have adjusted well to Harmonic Convergence! Please, drive safely and avoid spirit trees and vines that may pop up in the road during your time here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to Republic City: Thread of Fate! We hope you enjoy your time here and hope that you have adjusted well to Harmonic Convergence! Please, drive safely and avoid spirit trees and vines that may pop up in the road during your time here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Legend of Korra RPG meant to bring together benders of all experience!

Welcome to Republic City: Threads of Fate! We are back and ready to Role Play! Please invite your friends to help make this place active again!

I forgot my password

Photobucket
Founders
DinTerran
Second In Command
Amira
Administrators
O
pen✮Open✮
Moderators
TradeOpenOpen

Latest topics

» ONE PIECE NO MANS STORY
Aidan Bao EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 am by Guest

» HolySmokes/TheTGroup (multi-fandom roleplay!)
Aidan Bao EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:19 pm by Guest

» OTA: Naruto AU RP
Aidan Bao EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:53 am by Guest

» ZapdosZulu
Aidan Bao EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:32 pm by Guest

» Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Aidan Bao EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Aidan Bao EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 pm by Guest

» The Unfounded Kingdom
Aidan Bao EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:11 am by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Aidan Bao EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:18 am by Guest

» Divested-RP
Aidan Bao EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm by Guest

3 posters

Aidan Bao

Aidan Bao
    Aidan Bao
    Non-Bender
    Non-Bender

Yuan : 49004

Statistics
    Element: None None
    Career: United Forces Special Operations
    Stats:

Aidan Bao Empty Aidan Bao

Post by Aidan Bao Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:46 am

Basic Information
    Name: Aidan Bao
    --Nickname: Alias:  Hawkeye

Personality:  
    If you were to ask Aidan what kind of man he was, his first instinctive response would be "who are you and why are you talking to me?"  He'd then proceed to laugh and buy you a drink.  A man who tries to enjoy life as much as possible (he strongly believes his will be short) he laughs, dances, and enjoys himself whenever possible.  A charmer with a winning smile, it's his love of life and others that lead him to want to serve, the same way his mother and uncle had.  There are few men more willing to put their life on the line for others as he is.  Despite being a nonbender he isn't one who stands down easily, especially when innocents are in danger.  When given the command he can be ready at a moment's notice to fight to protect the citizens of the Republic from all enemies.   A military man through and through, the notions of honor, duty, respect, and loyalty are ingrained into his very soul.  This doesn't mean he'll wear his uniform properly (he rarely does) and that he won't grumble at the little idiocies that come with military life, but he honestly can't see himself anywhere else.

Aidan is used to being the underdog all his life in a world run by benders, and in a military commanded by benders, he's become rather resourceful and able to find a way to persevere even in the most dire of situations.  It's a trait that's saved him more times than he can count especially when fighting those who can control the very elements against him.  However he doesn't hate benders, he simply understands that is the way the world is and has adapted accordingly.  A very loyal man he takes the oath he swore to the United Forces seriously.  He knows his place and will often follow orders even when they contradict his own moral and ethical code.  This is difficult when he has a very strong sense of what is right and what is wrong, and often finds it difficult to "see the grey" in life.  He can be stubborn when it comes to changing his beliefs about something (and, stubborn in general) but when proven wrong he doesn't dwell on it.  When it comes to the fairer sex it is one of his bigger vices.  Knowing he'll usually be gone in the morning to go on some mission or another, with the fairer sex he focuses on having as much fun as possible with little thought of the future.  Occasionally his conscience nags him about that, though he buries that with a drink or two. 

On a dorkier side, he absolutely adores chess.  The simple joy and ease of the tactics in the game are child's play compared to the operations he's been a part of since the age of 17.  He reads old manuals and stories of great battles with interest, attempting to ween any ounce of knowledge from them that he hasn't learned before.  The stack of books in his room are all worn, scribbled in, and very clearly read multiple times.  When he does read he has an intense focus and loses all track of time and surroundings, reading from dawn till dusk and it would take a heavy bombardment to break his concentration.  A heavy chain-smoker, it isn't uncommon for him to go through a pack a day, and operations that don't allow him to smoke often find him on edge.  That being said, since he's been running as long as he can remember, he can still run a 20 minute three mile run, and has tried to quit before but finds that his nerves are far too frayed without the tobacco.  A flask of scotch is never far from his hand either, as it fits in a special pocket in his jacket.  It's his "lucky flask," as it's the one memento from his father he still has after losing him so many years ago.  Though he's smart enough to know getting drunk while on duty is an offense punishable by several days of "bread and water" in the brig, he doesn't drink to the extent that will inhibit him from his duties (unless, of course, he's off duty).

To be perfectly frank he doesn't quite know what to make of the whole Harmonic Convergence thing.  He never had any connection to the spirits before, and having them as neighbors now (a giant tree grew next to the barracks, and regularly harass him) is unsettling.  If there was a way he, and other nonbenders, could kick them all back to the spirit world where they belonged he'd sign up in a heartbeat.  If one more of those bastards came up to knock on his window at night, again, he may just have a mild conniption.

Appearance:
    Reference Images:

Aidan is not a particularly intimidating soldier.  Standing 5'10", 165lbs, he has a lean and athletic build better suited for running, dodging, and hiding instead of a straight up brawl.  Not that he can't (or, won't) fight, he just prefers to fight at a distance. His bright yellow eyes suggest he has some fire nation in him, though no one is particularly sure where his blonde hair comes from (or where his father's blonde hair came from).  His hair, when unbraided, is long and falls to just above the middle of his back.  His bangs hang down the side of his face, and are parted in such a way to prevent them from falling onto his face when in combat.  Whenever he wears his uniform his hair is braided properly, such as to present at least somewhat of a professional appearance to his superiors.

Aidan can typically be seen sporting one of three main outfits.  The first is, naturally, his blue, fitted military uniform.  His uniform is blue due to the fact that he is a member of the United Forces Special Operations, though the only time he wears it properly is whenever there's a barracks inspection.  More often than not he wears the jacket unbuttoned, wearing a black t-shirt instead of the light blue button down shirt he's supposed to wear.  His black boots, however, are always impeccably shined and are a major point of pride.  When going out on the town after hours he actually dresses rather well.  He wears a white, button down shirt with the top two buttons unbuttoned and a brown vest.  His black pants are comfortable, and he wears a set of brown boots.  When conducting more secretive operations, he typically sports a set of khaki heavy duty pants (with knees reinforced), a grey t-shirt, heavy black boots and a black leather jacket.  When on missions he also wears a bandoleer with clips containing crossbow bolts, along with a belt that has ever more crossbow bolts, a canteen, a small first aid kit, and a small set of binoculars.

There are three things he is never seen without.  One is his Zippo lighter, given to him by his commander upon joining the United Forces Special Operations with a Hawk etched into the casing.  The other is a small steel case that contains his cigarettes (and keeps them dry, in case he falls into the water).  Finally is his flask, always in a pocket just over his chest.  Take off most his clothes, and you'll see the scars of a man who has been to hell and back.  There are burn scars all along his left side from training accidents.  He has small scars along his chest and back.  Finally, he bears a large tattoo of a hawk on his upper back, after his callsign.

Character Information

Bender: Non-Bender
    Class: Working Class
    Loyalty: United Forces
    Place of Birth: Harbor Town, United Republic of Nations
    Residence: United Forces Barracks, Republic City

Statistics:
    Strength: Below Average
    Speed: Above Average
    Stamina: Above Average
    Chi:  Poor
    Intelligence: Above Average

IF NON-BENDER, YOU GET ONE FREE WEAPON.
    Weapon Type: Crossbow (Named "Casca")
    Weapon Appearance:  
    Reference Image:
    A crossbow with a handle underneath for rapid firing.  The two triggers on the back are for different purposes.  It stands roughly three feet tall and four inches wide, with the bow in the front (when opened up) is two and a half feet wide. The wood has been engraved by Aidan on his spare time, and it is always oiled, cleaned, and ready to fight.  It sports a hidden foot and a half blade, in case a fight should result in close quarters.

Weapon Abilities:  "Casca" is a crossbow that fires small, five inch steel bolts in five-bolt clips.  
    It can hold two five-bolt clips at a time, for a total of ten bolts in the chamber.  Pinpoint accurate up to 150 yards, unless being "rapidly fired."  If one holds down the right lever and pulls back the handle, one can fire every time the handle is brought back forward.  The left lever brings forward the hidden blade, locking it into place.    Finally, the bows in the front can be collapsed for easy transport and quick movement.

Character Background

History: 

History:

Code of Approval: Code of approval: I am a slave to the United Forces and will be punished by Zen if I do not follow the rules.

RP Sample:

Sample:

Source: How did you find us?
    Sheer Serendipity  
    -------------------------------
    FACE-CLAIM
    Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Last edited by Aidan Bao on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Amira
    Amira
    Admin
    Admin

Yuan : 3762072

Statistics
    Element: Water Water
    Career: Painter
    Stats:

Aidan Bao Empty Re: Aidan Bao

Post by Amira Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 am

So...

Personality: I'd like to see a bit more here mostly about your character's feelings on the whole event of harmonic convergence. Since that is what is currently happening in our world right now.

Also, you drink and smoke? We never have had that on here, so I am not sure really how it will work. Last time I checked, drinking while on duty in the military is an offense. As for smoking, how is your stamina? Do you have a smokers cough? Can you run far and if so how?

History: There's only a couple things I'd like to address here. First, what did he do when he was 15-17. Where did he live? Did the unit let him stay on the base? Why did they if they did?

You also never brought up the pocket watch. Why did he get it? Was it something all new recruits in the special forces or get, or just the military in general?

In your history you also stated that you learned Chi-blocking. That is actually a special thing our members can learn, and it does not take up a space for a special ability. However, you will have to buy it if you want to use it. I believe it costs 100k yuon.

Finally, You said General Iroh. So were they working against Commander Bumi's orders or was Bumi aware?

I suppose I should add that there is one other thing that you should know for this site in general. Bumi was the top commander for the entirety of the United Forces. However, since in Book 3 he retired, for our site the new head of Military is Zen. He's actually a member on this site. (You will know him as Terran, one of the site owners.) So, this isn't required, but maybe add your thoughts of your new head of command into your personality. Like I said though, it's optional.

That's about it.

Last edited by Amira on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Yuan : 90097

Statistics
    Element: Air Air
    Career: Side Jobs
    Stats:

Post by Terran Lockheart Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:50 am

I do not wish to back seat mod, but I do wish point out something. I dislike the extreme closeness between your character and the actual Edward Elric of whom your appearance is based, even parts of your life and personality are completely the same with nary any alterations.

While your profile is well written and has many aspects and events not correlated to that character and his universe, I fear that you will RP him as Edward, as has happened many times in the past. It is one thing to use the likeness of another universe for appearance, but RPing them is not allowed.

Now, I would LIKE for you to try and make this a bit less Full Metal-ish, but you are NOT required to alter it if you like it as is. However, should you keep him as he is (aside from Amira's edits) you will be required to NOT become the full metal Alchemist, or you will have your character pulled for edits.

If you need me to specify exactly what I am referring to, one fan of the show to another, I am able to point out every reference.

Also, since you are sporting custom military alterations, you may also be required to alter your character should aspects of the show deem it necessary, as we are partially canon. (I deal with it myself and my Military character.)
    Aidan Bao
    Aidan Bao
    Non-Bender
    Non-Bender

Yuan : 49004

Statistics
    Element: None None
    Stats:

Post by Aidan Bao Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:02 pm

All right, here are the edits made, along with some defense of a few things I made:

• Altered his personality.  He's much more friendly and outgoing now, and has a bit of a vice for women now.  I personally love fullmetal alchemist, but I have no intention of making Aidan exactly like Ed.  The only thing I can rightly say I took from Ed was the reading thing, but I wanted him to have a dorky side and that fit the bill perfectly.  So no, you don't have to worry about him exploding about being called "short."  Made him taller and a bit stronger.
    • I understand how military life works, been around it all my life.  If he needs to be altered, he'll be altered to better fit, though I personally think he'll fit in just fine with your canon military.  Just added some side flavoring of special operations is all Smile.
    • Added a bit of what he did the two years he was alone.  Wandering orphan shining shoes and pissing off every army recruiter Very Happy
    • Removed Chi blocking.  Didn't know that was a skill that needed to be paid for.  May give it to him once I earn it here.
    • We spoke through PM about this Amira, but I'll add it here.  The operation in the South Pole was done without the knowledge of the President.  This way they could still help the southerners with plausible deniability.  I'm sure there will be no more issues on that tidbit.
    • A lot of soldiers tend to drink off duty.  Drinking from a small flask here and there isn't enough to get anyone sent to the brig.  If that were the case, I'm fairly certain every soldier in the history of ever would have spent time in the slammer.
    • As for the smoking, I personally know guys who can run for miles on end and still smoke a pack a day.  That being said, I will write in the cough in threads, and I intend to have a mini plot where someone (possibly a significant other) helps him quit smoking.  Gives him a character flaw that another character can help him correct!
    • Removed the pocket watch.  Made it an engraved zippo lighter.  Makes more sense with his character than the watch, which honestly was only added due to the chain on the reference pics.

All right, that should be it for edits.  Looking forward to rping with y'all!
    Amira
    Amira
    Admin
    Admin

Yuan : 3762072

Statistics
    Element: Water Water
    Career: Painter
    Stats:

Post by Amira Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Everything seems to be in order. And all looks good to me. So, Welcome to the site, and happy rping.

You are...

APPROVED!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content